How Do Banks Entice Short Sale Sellers


Selling your Lane County Home? Get a free home value report
Buying a Lane County Home? Search all homes for sale
 
Today I'm back with my short sale series to discuss how a bank will 'reward' you for cooperating in a short sale situation. This is a great question, because there are some incentives for you to cooperate with the bank in a situation like this.

At least 80-90% of the time, a
bank will pay sellers anywhere from $1,000 to $3,000 to provide relocation assistance. This incentive is meant to help them move elsewhere, and it's also an incentive to prevent the seller from being destructive to the home prior to moving out.

This will often entice the former owner to cooperate and leave the property in good condition, and in most cases I believe the bank will give you $3,000, unless the home is a HUD home.

 
Hopefully this information has been useful to you, and I hope that you contact me with any questions regarding short sales or real estate here in Lane County.

I'm always happy to speak with you!